Sunday, August 31, 2008

Ramadhan: 10 First Days with Grace

As a muslim, I'd like to thank Allah for giving me yet another meeting with the month of Ramadhan. Yes folks, it's fasting time! The weather's just nice at this time around; not too hot and not too cold, meaning that we the muslims in Malaysia need to thank our God even more. What comes to my mind this Ramadhan is: food! Yeap, delicious foods. That's why this month's season, is the season of food. And as a celebration of Ramadhan opening days, I've added in a few new sections for this main page. Hooorayy! Just don't get too hungry yet, the days have only just begun. Well, I hope all muslims in the world would have a nice Ramadhan start. The first 10 days...let us grab this chance to improve our 'ibadah' even better, and may Allah fill us with His grace. Aminnnn!

[UPDATES]
Wait! Didn't I wrote the entries on '1 September'? Why does it show '31 December' then? Haha, no matter. We've got to be more patient this month, so that our good deeds multiply! Readers, please pray that I would not be writing lazily this month because of fasting. I'll always remind myself that we can't be weak when it comes to Ramadhan, but must be much more stronger! Enjoyy...!

1. "Shot! :: My Cup of Tea" - http://dansoriginal.blogspot.com/

[RECIPE]
Welcome all to one of the brand new section in DANS mainpage! Since it's already the fasting month and I've choosen 'season of food' for September, I thought I'd put up a recipe section for all those cooks-to-be (or maybe you're already good at it and want to add in your knowledge). Cool! But do be prepared, I'm not at the level to create my own recipe yet; so far their extracted from a website, a television serie or a book (which I will be crediting at the end). Cool! Let's start with a recipe of a dessert...

-Buttermilk Crepes-

You need: 2 eggs, 1/2 cup of sugar, 1 cup of buttermilk, 1 teaspoon (tsp) of vanilla extract, 1 tsp cinnamon, 1 and a 1/2 cups of all purpose flour, 1 tsp baking powder, 1 tablespoon (tbsp) of unsalted buter melted.

What you do then:
  1. Whisk together eggs, buttermilk and vanilla extract in a bowl. Then add the sugar.
  2. In another bowl, carefully put in cinnamon, flour and baking powder together. Sift it (I think it means 'gaulkan') before whisking it into the other mixture earlier. Stir in melted butter afterwards. If the new mixture is too thick, add buttermilkslowly into a pourable consistency. Let it for 10-15 minutes before making.
  3. Heat a flat, non-stick pan (regular pan works too!) over medium heat for 5 minutes. Grease the pan lightly with oil before adding 2oz of the batter into the centre of the pan. Cook for 2-3minutes until edges brown. Flip the crepe gently and cook for another minute, before removing from heat.
  4. You're done! Continue with the rest of the batter. Sprinle some sugar on the cooked crepe, and roll it into a cigar shape. These crepe can be warmed in microwaves, and they also freeze very well! Enjoy.

Well, there you have it. This recipe is taken from AsianFoodChannel (AFC) website on Anna Olson recipes, so credits to them! I think crepe is like 'lempeng' or 'apam balik', so maybe you guys can add in some nuts, jams or ice-cream inside your crepe. Try it this fasting month! No need to buy desserts at the bazaar then do we? Happy cooking everyone!!

No comments: